It’s been a while since I was here. I’ll explain later, but I’ve been rather preoccupied lately, so I’ve been neglecting the blog. Thanks to everyone who stuck around so patiently! I really appreciate it and promise to be a better blogger from now on!
And thanks also to two very generous bloggers who bestowed awards on Four Walls and a Roof in the past week. I hardly deserve it right now. But I’m very honored – thank you!
First, thanks to Simplified Bee for giving me the One Lovely Blog award.
I love reading Simplified Bee. Every post has so many ideas and so much thought. I especially like all the stylish ideas for kids rooms. Check it out if you can. Now I have to pass it on to five other blogs, so I’m nominating:
Then Struggling to be Stylish nominated me for an Honest Scrap award.
Like me, Struggler is a Brit in the Bay area so I love all her posts comparing British and American design. Her blog is so funny, it’s a true diversion.
The Honest Scrap award requires me to 1) thank and link to the award-giver (check!) 2) share 10 honest things about myself 3) present the award to 7 other blogs and tell them the rules. Phew. So, for the honesty part, as this is a design blog, I decided to share 10 design confessions. Here goes:
1. I choose wall paint colors that won’t require me to repaint the ceiling (lazy!)
2. I am slightly addicted to pillows but won’t have more than two in any room (so there are lots of discarded ones in cupboards around our home)
3. I have absolutely no idea what to do with ‘nick nacks’. I mean, how do you arrange anything smaller than a six inches tall and have it look good?
4. I find it impossible to choose floor coverings: I take about 10 months on average to choose a rug
5. I love color so much that sometimes I ‘read’ paint chips instead of a book (that one really is bad)
6. I use ‘practical needs’ (like: ‘we need to ensure the house is warm for winter’) to justify aesthetic purchases (in the example here, that was to buy a new lamp for the living room!)
7. Given the choice between touching up chipped paintwork or buying a piece of furniture to cover the marks, I’d choose the latter every time
8. I am a little afraid of house plants – I fear I’ll go off them after a few weeks
9. I mentally redecorate other people’s houses
10. I still read Living Etcs from 2005 and I miss Domino like an old friend
Wow, that was quite cathartic! Do any of these sound familiar to you? Anybody got any more bizarre design-related confessions?
And, in the spirit of the award, here’s who I’d like to give the Honest Scrap award to:
Simplified Bee (right back at ya!)
I’d definitely be eager to hear what all these fabulous bloggers have to say!
No related posts.